Undercarriage inspection MDS System
MDS System offered by the American manufacturer of professional security control and inspection equipment Sas R&D Services, Inc. is a mobile Undercarriage inspection system for controlling car chassis. The system is a combination of small size and low weight with the functionality of stationary systems at an attractive price. The system has been designed for easy and quick setting of the inspection stand.
Operation time of the Undercarriage system
The complete kit with an aluminum housing with a load capacity of up to 18 tons per axle can be fully packed into the Pelican™ transport box when correctly positioned. The housing has integrated LED lighting, day/night cameras that completely capture the image of the chassis of a passing vehicle. Inspection can be carried out remotely, which significantly increases operator safety. PUV-277 is based on specialized PC software that provides effective chassis inspection, archiving and viewing of chassis scans performed.
The Undercarriage inspection system consists of the following elements:
- a housing made of the highest grade aviation aluminum with dimensions of 31.75 × 26.67 × 7.62 cm and weighing only 3.17 kg, which will withstand a vehicle weighing up to 18143 kg per axle
- 2 color CCD video cameras 1/3", weather-resistant (IP66) with a resolution of 525 TV lines with a 130° viewing angle and automatic exposure control function.
- LED lighting (18 LEDs for each camera) activated by movement ensuring clear image during day and night
- shielded 2AWG cable with a standard length of 15.25 m, which ensures a safe distance between the operator and the tested vehicle, equipped with 3 protective covers (45.72 cm)
- control unit — laptop (Intel Core i5, HDD 500 GB, with 15.6” 1366 x 768 screen) with dedicated software, training materials and documentation (in English)
- 1510 Pelican™ transport case
It is possible to control vehicles traveling at speeds up to 16km/h without compromising image quality. Strong lighting of the Undercarriage inspection system allows accurate registration of details. Visualization of the image from cameras on a split screen allows thorough inspection. HDD can store up to 250 full scans with the possibility of their accurate analysis, scrolling and zooming.